Thursday, September 6, 2012

Lyndee love

 
 
This time, 40 years ago, I had been in labor a long, long time, and still had a long time to go before my very first, beautiful, baby girl was finally born and placed in my oh so impatient arms!



 
She was born after 35 long hours and she was a big, beautiful baby..weighing in at 8 lbs. 12 oz. an measuring 21 1/2 inches.  Did I mention she was 4 weeks late?

 
Melynda Dawne Williams
She was a sweet, smart little girl and by the age of 1 was talking up a blue streak, singing little Sunday School songs, and when her brother was born when she was 18 mos. old, she was already mommy's little helper.
Lyndee is in the middle on the bottom row.  This is an important picture, because it was made just a few days before she was diagnosed with type 1 diabetes, just a few months after she turned 13.  It was a very hard time for her and for us, but she faced her diabetes with courage, though that wasn't an easy thing to do at such a young age.
 This is Lyndee and me the year she was 15...still our beautiful girl! 
This is us last fall...she is still my beautiful girl!  I love you, Lyndee!  I hope you have the best birthday you have ever had!  I am happy and proud you are my daughter!  God's richest blessings on your life, my love!
Happy birthday...Joyeux anniversaire!

 










 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

5 comments:

  1. Oh, my what a sweet post! You have a very special daughter.....she must have a very special mama!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your daughter, too!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks mom! I do have a special mom Nancy, I wouldn't trade her for the world. By the way you are def not beef jerky! lol
    Love you mom!
    Nancy and Fishducky thank you both.. I love you ladies also.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You just say that because you fear to be beef jerky in another 20 years! Not to worry! You take after your good looking daddy! But hey! Beef jerky IS tasty!

      Delete
  4. The day I encountered your sweet daughter in the blog world was a very special day for me. I look so forward to every post she writes and laugh along with her as well as feel her pain when tough times come. She has made my life better just by knowing her and I feel the same way about her sweet mother.

    ReplyDelete